Located in Kabul, Afghanistan, CAPS is an independent, research centre that strives to conduct action-oriented research which will influence policy-makers. It works diligently towards building local capacity to produce conflict and threat assessments that will influence the safety and security of the people serving the governments, and international aid organizations.
Sep 04, 2013
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT CAPS
Job Type: Full Time
Duration: 6 Months, renewable (three months probation)
Closing Date: Nov/5/2013
Apply: Email CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Address: Darul Aman Main Road, House No: 577, Street No: 09, Phase No:06, Kate Sae Kabul, Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Conduct field research for major upcoming research projects
* Translation, transcribing, background research in various conflict related topics
* Write weekly commentaries and articles for our newsletters
* Collect daily political and security updates
* Coordinate with research team in implementation of research tasks
* Currently pursuing or completed a (bachelors or masters) degree in the broad social sciences.
* Ability to speak and write fluently in English, and converse in and comprehend Dari/Pashto.
* Ability and willingness to travel outside Kabul for research work (all expenses covered by CAPS).
* Decent understanding of conflict and development issues related to Afghanistan.ΓΆβ‚¬Β¨
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Good sense of humour.
* Previous work experience a plus, but not mandatory.
* Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
|Design by SepiaSolutionsCopyright © 2006 Centre for Conflict and Peace Studies.
Tel: +93 (075) 2003 901, +93 (799) 7505 30
Email: contact#caps.af (replace '#' with '@' before sending email)