Located in Kabul, Afghanistan, CAPS is an independent, research centre that strives to conduct action-oriented research which will influence policy-makers. It works diligently towards building local capacity to produce conflict and threat assessments that will influence the safety and security of the people serving the governments, and international aid organizations.
Sep 17, 2012
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT CAPS
Darul Aman Main Road
House No: 577
Street No: 09
Phase No: 06
Male / Female
National / International
Email CV and Cover letter to:
Closing date of applications:
Oct 20, 2012
CAPS is an independent research organization that conducts policy oriented research aimed at influencing policy makers in key areas including state building, governance, narcotics, peace building, conflict resolution, with a primary focus on Afghanistan. CAPS is committed to offering high quality research and training and knowledge exchange on conflict, peace, insurgency, as well as violent groups in Afghanistan.
The Research Analyst will work with the Centre’s Research Department in Kabul and provinces. He or she will undertake qualitative and quantitative research on various issues. The role also involves designing research methodology, conducting research analysis and writing reports and policy briefs.
• Conducting field research in Kabul and provinces of Afghanistan especially southern
• Structuring and designing research methodology
• Writing weekly, monthly and bi-monthly reports
• Monitoring key security, political and economic developments in Afghanistan
• Conducting in-depth analysis on assigned issues
• Assist in developing and implementing the work programme
• Other tasks decided by head of research department
• At least three to five years of research work
• Good knowledge and understanding of key political, economic, security and social
dynamics in Afghanistan and region
• Experience of field research, survey and in-depth interview
• Research data processing (data collection, editing, data entry, analysis, interpretation, reporting)
• Master’s degree in a Social Sciences related field
• Ability to identify and analyze issues for research purposes
• Good organizational, planning and time management skills
• Proficiency in the English language, and in writing papers aimed at policymakers,
the international development community and practitioners.
• Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentation), including the
ability to draft/edit a variety of written documents, such as training materials,
reports, studies, strategies, and other communication materials)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
• Ability to speak Pashto and Dari
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
|Design by SepiaSolutionsCopyright © 2006 Centre for Conflict and Peace Studies.
Tel: +93 (786) 200 000, +93 (799) 750 530
Email: contact#caps.af (replace '#' with '@' before sending email)